I always thought it would have been a good idea for everyone in health care, and for us
individually if we came with care instruction labels- like clothing. An owners manual
per say. The first page would have instructions about giving and receiving hugs daily,
sleeping enough, giving and receiving positive reinforcement. There would also be
chapters on diet, exercise, growth for the soul, and general maintenance.
Then, when something goes wrong we could refer back to our own personal care instructions and find out where we went wrong. And, we wouldn't be able to blame someone else nearly as often for our lack of good health. The responsibility would be mostly our own.
Here are 20 tips that are high on my list and other holistic practioners that would be a must in an owners manual-
1. Drink plenty of fresh water daily. A purified form. Drink small amounts throughout the day, and do not drink large amounts with meals.
2. Eat only small amounts of meat that is free range. The same goes for eggs.
3. Milk and dairy should be consumed in VERY small amounts, certainly not daily.
4. Do some walking and stretching everyday. Do some aerobic activity three times weekly.
5. Work at making and keeping your friends. Your work will be there waiting when you're done playing.
6. Play at something everyday. Expressing the creative side of ourselves feeds our souls.
7. Never go to sleep angry
8. Never eat when you're angry or upset.
9. You feel what you feel. We all have feelings- happiness, sadness, anger. Don't suppress them. Find a suitable outlet and vent them.
10. Avoid chemicals in your daily living as much as possible.
11. Volunteer your time to something you love.
12. Wear only comfortable clothes that you feel and look good in.
13. Eat organic foods that are as fresh as you can possibly get.
14. Stand up for yourself when you know you are right. You never lose self respect when people see you are willing to stand up for what you believe in.
l5. Make and keep some priorities in your life. What's really of value and has importance.
l6. Set goals and keep them but don't be rigid. If you make a list of ten things to do in a day, be happy if you get the first three done.
l7. Be sure to say I love you to all those you do really love.
l8. Be kind to animals and children.
l9. Never speak harsh words to those you love.
20 Strive to be happy.
Health for dum-dums, it's easy. Till next time, Rebecca.