LEAVE IT TO PEEVER
An apology to the world
Dear Fellow World Citizens,
It is time for us, U. S. citizens, to apologize to you, the rest of the world, for our mean and unsavory ways.
It is with deep regret that I have to say our country has lost its way. Freedom, democracy, justice, and compassion have all been put on the back burner since the 11/00 election and 9/11. It pretty much all began on election day, November, 2000, when it became apparent early the next day that something had gone terribly wrong with our election process. Al Gore, the Democrat, had won the election by a 500,000 vote margin, but Florida, owned and operated by the Bush family, had problems. What an unusual coincidence. The Supreme Court, by their typical 5-4 right-winged vote, interfered with the Florida Supreme Court and ruled that there could be no recount, and the election was over. Bush won the electoral college vote, an archaic election system that made some sense in 1780, but has long since become irrelevant. The rest, as they say, has become history.
It is with great alarm that I must report our government seems to be completely out of control. We are being dominated by right-wing ideologists who predominately see Christianity as the worlds only true religion. In the name of Christ, freedom, and democracy, they seem to be intent on ruling the world. As weird and unlikely as that scenario sounds, one would need to be blind, deaf, and dumb to not see it happening right in front of our eyes.
Here is a brief review of what has happened over the last three years:
1. We have defied the United Nations, rendered their decisions irrelevant, and have dissolved more international treaties than ever before in our history.
2. Our economy has fallen apart. Every conceivable economic indicator is lower. Unemployment has soared. Nothing has been done but to give the rich further tax breaks. Our deficit is at an all-time high. This is the party who for eight years cried about a federal deficit when Bill Clinton was president. Today, you dont hear a word from them.
3. We have attacked and currently occupy two foreign countries: Afghanistan and Iraq. The next appears to be Iran. They apparently dont have a right to have a nuclear program, as we do. Our apocalyptic fervor does not want anything standing in its way. Under the guise of freedom and democracy, and fighting terrorism, we are preparing to attack country number three. It is easy to see that our real motive is oil and profit and world domination. And guess who gets paid to rebuild these countries? Bush and Cheneys buddies.
4. Our civil liberties have been under severe attack, again under the guise of fighting terrorism and making us safer. We have been asked to give up many of our constitutional rights. Protest, and perhaps even a letter such as this, can be seen as dangerous and subversive. John Ashcroft, Attorney General, is a graduate of the University of Chicago. Apparently he has been influenced by a past professor from the university, Leo Strauss. Strauss was influenced and mentored by Martin Heidegger, a Nazi strategist, and Carl Schmitt, a Nazi legal advisor. Thus we get the Patriot Act I and II. When you compare those documents to legal advice given to Hitler by Schmitt, the story begins to come together. I didnt believe it. I had to look at these things for myself. With the Bush family directly tied into Hitlers rise to power, and numerous other Bush advisors tied into Strauss, the whole thing starts to look really scary.
5. We now have a "shadow government," run by Dick Cheney. This is the first time in our history that this has happened. Special courts and committees give advice to the President. The whole thing is a secret, which should give us a clue that something is wrong. But hardly anyone says a word. Fear is the clue, and this administration has done an excellent job with that. It has become seemingly unpatriotic to expose such nonsense.
6. We have come to the point where America is right, and the rest of the world wrong. About everything. If other countries question our motives, they are cowards, or barbaric, or terrorist sympathizers. This mentality has led us to become The Big Brother of the World. We do as we please. If others cast doubt, we immediately call up the horrors of 9/11 as justification for our uncontrolled nationalism. We are out of control with fear and self-righteousness.
You need to know that not everyone in the United States stands behind this insanity. We need the worlds help to remove this administration from office in 2004. It is imperative that we do this. Every chance we get, from every land on earth, from every corner, we need to protest against what this administration is doing to the world. We cannot let up for a moment. Wherever Bush, Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld, Rice, or Powell show up, we need to be there to counter their lies.
It is our civic duty as world citizens to work toward a just, democratic, and free world, where compassion, diversity, equality, and sustainability prevails. To do less is going to cast us into class warfare around the world, and will bring about the eventual use of nuclear weapons, not by some renegade terrorist, but by us. We cannot allow this to happen. We must all join together to end this madness.