Bumper sticker of the week: Diarrhea is hereditary it runs in your jeans.
Quotes of the week: "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB/GYNs arent able to practice their love with women all across the country." George W., Sept. 6, 2004
"The truth of the matter is, if you listen carefully, Saddam would still be in power if he were the President of the United States, and the world would be a lot better off." George W., second presidential debate, Oct. 8, 2004
Bush and Cheney continue to swear that they have created jobs in this country, despite clear evidence to the contrary from none other than the Department of Labor. These guys are so out of touch with reality they could be diagnosed. They belong in a mental institute, which, since they live in Washington, is pretty much where theyre at.
Fifteen reasons to not vote for Bush:
1. Hes a Bush. The family are notorious liars, thieves, and cheaters. They aint got a clue what it means to work for a living.
2. Hes the dumbest President weve never elected. Without his daddys help, hed have never got out of high school.
3. He looks funny.
4. He has never been successful at anything, short of being elected to offices he has no business in. Daddys help again.
5. He believes the environment is nothing more than something to be exploited for profit.
6. He hangs around with idiots, including Rumsfeld, Ashcroft, Rice, Cheney, Rove, and Wolfowitz.
7. He thinks he can do as he pleases. This comes from his upbringing. He does not like or respect anyone telling him anything. If you disagree with him, he makes a funny face.
8. He attacked Iraq under false pretenses. He had a vendetta to settle. He owes his daddy big--time. And theres oil there to boot.
9. He has no comprehension of what it means to be a working person. Hes never had to. He could care less about a living wage.
10. He gets his health-care for free. Why should he worry about us? He has never once talked about a comprehensive health-care plan for America. We now have 50 million uninsured people. Why should he care?
11. His intention seems to be to cut Social Security. He doesnt understand why people come to rely on their Social Security check. He sees this as a government handout.
12. Hes a national embarrassment. The rest of the world is laughing at us. That is, when theyre not in their bomb shelters.
13. The Bush family will do anything to keep their boy in control. If you were to check the family wealth, Ill bet it has skyrocketed over the last four years.
14. Bush has driven the U.S. further into debt than anyone, ever. He has weakened the U.S. economy to a near disastrous point. We will be lucky to avoid a depression.
15. You couldnt possibly listen to this guy for over five minutes and intelligently cast a vote for him. You would have to be as nuts as he is.
I see a few signs around town for Keyes. That scares me.
Dissent as Patriotism: This country was born out of dissent. Having a king do as he pleased was not acceptable to the colonists. They effectively overthrew him. He didnt leave willingly. Dissent is as American as apple pie. Wrong is wrong, no matter how its presented. You can drape it in patriotism and color it with fear, but the bottom line is, killing people for oil is wrong. The count of Americans dead in Iraq is now over 1,000. It is estimated that as high as 30,000 Iraqis may be dead. We dont count them. This is not right. Violence has never solved any of the worlds problems. I can hear you thinking, "Well, what would you have done about Hitler?" My answer is, Is there not now genocide going on in the world? Do you feel safer and more secure? When the government that we love and respect is wrong, our Constitution and Bill of Rights requires us to question the motives and actions behind the wrongs until they fail. To do otherwise is to turn our eyes away from democracy and back toward the king.